Search This Blog

"Whatever you do, do your work heartily, as for the Lord rather than for men."Colossians 3:23

7.05.2013

Self Exploration Collage/Assemblage Online Group Art Project-Journal Prompt #1


Gather up your Art Journal or Notebook for this part of the Project.

Prompt#1: 
Purpose of this assignment is to
Discover Who You Are by:

* confronting pain/embracing joy
* reflecting on your past experiences
* exploring who you are/ what you tell other people about yourself
* stories I tell myself
* exploring significant people and events
* what is important to me
* examining my strengths and weaknesses
* discovering areas of personal growth
* core values


Now ask yourself these questions and write them down, unedited, in your own journal.  Use descriptive Adjectives and limit yourself to 5-15 minutes of writing time.


RESPOND TO THESE QUESTIONS:

Where did I come from?
Who is my family?
What is most important to me?
What roles do I play?
The stories and myths about myself
My favorite foods, movies, music
Personality traits
Memories
Dreams/Goals


After you have completed this exercise collect objects that can visually represent what you have discovered.  We will use those objects later on in our collage/assemblage art.

A Materials Lists will be in the next Blog Posts.

HELPFUL HINTS:  Give string writing a try.  To use this method continuously write without stopping to edit your thoughts or grammar. If you draw a blank, write something like, I do not know what to write so I am writing this etc... until the next idea comes to you.  

UR-TURN:  Feel free to share one thing you learned from completing this exercise.

Until Next Time.

Many Blessings,


No comments:

Post a Comment


COPYRIGHT

All artwork and photos are copyright protected and may not be reproduced in any manner without the express written consent of the artist. Don't steal, it's not nice!