Search This Blog

"Whatever you do, do your work heartily, as for the Lord rather than for men."Colossians 3:23

5.24.2013

A FEW EXTRA HOURS IN THE DAY, PLEASE.

I do not know of anything else more frustrating as an artist than the inner battle and struggle with setting up a daily schedule leaving enough time and energy to be creative.  It is like there is a push/pull thing going on inside my head and heart.    

For months now, I have been looking forward to my Summer break.  A time when I can relax from the load of demanding art projects which all seem to fall due the same day as exams, essays, or 300 pages reading assignments.  Now that I am here I fight feeling guilty about fixing and working on things around the house that have been neglected.

I am always amazed how in such a short period of time dust bunnies turn into dust elephants; huge and numerous.  The weeds in the flower beds and garden, wow I won't even go there.  Too depressing.  Not to talk about the mold that grows in places I never knew it could.

Unfortunately these sticky situations usually leave me feeling overwhelmed to the point of crying or giving up.  Then, after a nice bite or two of chocolate I regain my composure.  My confident self returns and resign to pick out one of my project on the long to do list and JUST DO IT.

Years ago, I went through this same tug of war.  I was stuck in a  rut of complaining about not able to make any art.  Since the whining wasn't getting me anywhere, I decided to take a closer look at my excuses.  I realized that I was focusing on what I did not have, or could not do instead of what I could accomplish or did have at my disposal.  I needed a new perspective of the glass is half full instead of half empty.


HELPFUL HINTS:  Even though I still have not begun a painting,  I did accomplish other items on my list, including writing this blog post and that is okay too.  No need to be hard on yourself.

Here is a site I just discovered to help with kick starting your creativity.  Go check it out  LIVING A CREATIVE LIFE- Creative Sandbox 101

UR-TURN:
Share your own personal struggles when there just does not seem to be enough hours in the day to be the artist/creative person you desire.

Until Next Time.

Blessings,







"Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary".  Galatians 6:9


No comments:

Post a Comment


COPYRIGHT

All artwork and photos are copyright protected and may not be reproduced in any manner without the express written consent of the artist. Don't steal, it's not nice!