Search This Blog

"Whatever you do, do your work heartily, as for the Lord rather than for men."Colossians 3:23

7.12.2012

Room To Work

Now that the studio remodeling project is finished, time to make use of the new space and the Summer break from school, time to experiment art and try take creativity to new places.


Since I have really been wanting to try making collage and assemblage art with found pieces of objects, I decide to first read about and then look at the work of other artists.  

One place I discover information on this art form is the ArtistNetworkTv workshop.  They offer a free 2 hour program on-line given by artist, Sue St. John.  The Artist Network is a great online resource for artist, I highly recommend their website.

In such a short period of time, I am surprised how much I learn so I purchase her book, "Journeys to Abstraction."  It has provided me with much inspiration and information.  Sue showcases 100 Contemporary artist and their paintings.  Showing and explaining the in's and out's of what they are creating.



You can find this book on the website for North Light Books.

No comments:

Post a Comment


COPYRIGHT

All artwork and photos are copyright protected and may not be reproduced in any manner without the express written consent of the artist. Don't steal, it's not nice!