Search This Blog

"Whatever you do, do your work heartily, as for the Lord rather than for men."Colossians 3:23

7.19.2012

Still A Little Timid

My art muse is slowly coming out from hiding behind the bushes, but I am still feeling somewhat apprehensive and nervous about starting any new art projects.

A little nudge from the magazine rack at Hobby Lobby does the trick.  I see a thick magazine about making greeting cards and after flipping through the pages decide this might be a good starting place.
The magazine is called, "Cards."  

I finally decide to make some cards, but it just doesn't sound too appealing to be all by myself in the art studio. i So I invite a friend and her mother to join me for a morning of crafting and lunch.  They never had tried making greeting cards either, but that didn't stop us.  We had lots of fun.  I gathered anything I had in my art collection, buttons, ribbon, scrapbook paper, stickers you name it.  Then after taking turns looking at my new magazine just dove right in there.  Like magic the cards appeared and smiles did too.

HELPFUL HINTS:  Another resource that I recently discovered was another magazine.  It is even available for subscription on Nook e-readers:   
Cloth Paper Scissors Magazine

UR-TURN:  To calm your nervous art muse, what do you use as an Engine Starter?

Until Next Time.

Many Blessings,
Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment


COPYRIGHT

All artwork and photos are copyright protected and may not be reproduced in any manner without the express written consent of the artist. Don't steal, it's not nice!