Search This Blog

"Whatever you do, do your work heartily, as for the Lord rather than for men."Colossians 3:23

8.20.2010

Being Creative All The Time

I have found in speaking with some of my artist friends, we have come to the conclusion that those who are not creative think those who are to be able to turn on creativity whenever they want.  I have struggled with this fact.  Some days I just dont feel very creative, infact dont want to do anything artistic.  On those days I need to regroup, maybe do something else like garden or read.  For when I am creative it can be one of the most enjoyable parts of my day, but also the most draining intellectually, physically and emotionally.

I think this is because when one creates something out of nothing it takes not only a lot of energy but vulerablity on the part of the artist.  All of us fear rejection, and this is one of those gifts where the possibility of rejection is very real.  Also, I have learned that you can't produce good art, if you have a lot of stress in your life.  It has helped me greatly to find ways either quiet times in prayer, or a walk, or just calling a friend; to receive some of that nurturing I so need from time to time to re-energize.

No comments:

Post a Comment


COPYRIGHT

All artwork and photos are copyright protected and may not be reproduced in any manner without the express written consent of the artist. Don't steal, it's not nice!