Search This Blog

"Whatever you do, do your work heartily, as for the Lord rather than for men."Colossians 3:23

6.16.2010

Week 1 Open Student Forum Botanical Illustration Course




We had to respond to the open student forum as one of our assignments. The questions posed were:
Did the Basic Drawing Techniques help you see things differently? Did you notice anything you hadn't paid attention to before/ Or do you feel frustrated, as if you're not "getting it?"
For me it is always helpful to explore and deviate from my normal drawing techniques.  When you only concentrate on what you are drawing and not going back and forth with your eyes from the subject to the paper, I think that your focus on the subject is always heightened.  Doing these observation drawings has shown me how busy I can get, even when I garden and not really look and observe my plants.  I am usually in a time crunch and just want to get the job done, but when I take out an individual plant and really examine it, I come away with even more of an awe of God's creations and their complexity.

No comments:

Post a Comment


COPYRIGHT

All artwork and photos are copyright protected and may not be reproduced in any manner without the express written consent of the artist. Don't steal, it's not nice!