Search This Blog

"Whatever you do, do your work heartily, as for the Lord rather than for men."Colossians 3:23

9.27.2014

(Crochet) How To - Crochet Tunisian Simple Stitch and Knit Stitch


I walked into my Botany Lecture class and the Math class that meets before us was just finishing.  To my surprise the Teaching Assistant, Justin, was gathering up his personal items, with one of those items catching my attention. 

Personally I do not know very many men that crochet, and boy he could crochet.  He was working on a beautiful baby blanket and those stitches were so uniform and wonderfully done.

As a result, we struck up a nice conversation about knitting vs. crochet.  Personally I have always been drawn more to knitting, I like the way the stitches look.  To me many crochet patterns look too kitschy.

That is why his stitching caught my eye, this particular crochet stitch not only looks like a knitted stitch, it is made in very similar way to a knitted one. 

As soon as I got home, I looked up a instructional video and found this one from the UK.  With a new grandbaby on the way, due in March, I will have to definitely have to get busy and try my hand at learning this crochet stitch.

To help you get started here is a link for:
Tutorials/Tunisian-Stitch-Crochet-Afghan-Patterns

Here is a link to Amazon to buy a set, they are under $6.
Multicolour-Aluminum-TUNISIAN-Crochet-Needles Set

Enjoy.

UR-TURN:  Do you know of any other crochet stitches that look like they are knitted?  If so, please share.  Would love to know about them.

Until Next Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment


COPYRIGHT

All artwork and photos are copyright protected and may not be reproduced in any manner without the express written consent of the artist. Don't steal, it's not nice!