Search This Blog

"Whatever you do, do your work heartily, as for the Lord rather than for men."Colossians 3:23

6.08.2013

USING A PAINTBRUSH, NOT A FORK

One of the reasons I have created a website and blog, besides the obvious, is to help others by using the God-given talents I possess.

Over 15 years ago, while recouping from open-heart surgery and facing a life threatening condition, I came across this Scripture.

"Feed the hungry, and help those in trouble." Isaiah 58:10 NLT

Several years ago I was told about a Portrait Artist who decided to paint the faces of residents living in her town.  That gave me the idea to use take her idea and apply it to a project I called, "Painting The Faces of Iola," where I painted a portrait of anyone who was willing to sit for a three hour session.  There was no fee involved, but the person was given the chance to donate to our local church run food pantry.  The people of my small community benefited with a little over $200 raised and donated.

I have been desiring and praying for a way to help once again.  Finally an answer to my prayer arrived last week while walking on our High School track.  One of the local residents stopped asked about my art and how the Iola project ended.  The aha moment hit, I could use the art I am now producing in college to help.

This is where you come into to the equation.  I have posted some of my more recent pieces of art on the WEBSITE GALLERY page.  They are linked to ImageKind a company that can take my art and create prints, canvas art, framed or unframed.

So many of our elderly and poor cannot drive nor have the means to get to a larger city receiving help from the Brazos Valley Food Bank.  They rely on our local churches for assistance. 

Therefore, I will take 20% of the profits made from the art print sales and donate them to the community Food Pantry putting much needed revenue into this wonderful and necessary outreach.

HELPFUL HINTS:  Giving from the heart always is the best way to help others.  Use your talents, spare time, or life experiences and pay it forward.  God uses all of them, nothing is too small to make a difference, but you have to take the first step to get down the road.

UR-TURN:  I would love to hear how you use your talents etc... to help others.  Or if you know of any other artist, share their names and story.


Until Next Time.

Many Blessings,




"for I was hungry and you gave me something to eat I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink,..."  Matthew 25:35






No comments:

Post a Comment


COPYRIGHT

All artwork and photos are copyright protected and may not be reproduced in any manner without the express written consent of the artist. Don't steal, it's not nice!